21/02/2014

두 살 이에요! * EP is two years old!

Yes, two years ago on this day started entrustedproperty.blogspot.com with 365 Illustration Project!


For this occasion let us go on a little (not really) journey of its history, shall we?


It all started with 365 Illustration Project in June 2011. I started it with the idea of making illustrations of my days. I was doing 365 Day Photo Project before, and it seemed a great way to practice since I just started artschool at the time, and they encouraged us to do our own projects. Since I always wanted (I think I still do) to become a childrens' book illustrator, I decided to do it with bears.


After two months of drawing bears (and one month of lazyness) I started to get bored with it. It wasn't challenging anymore. So I moved on. I also started to add captions, yet in Hungarian.

Hi! I got the bears' job.

I shared the drawings on issuu.com and some on Facebook until a teacher recommended me to create a blog. I got into it zealously and posted the first few months as issuu presentations and december's drawings individually right away. I also gave English translations thinking of a broader audience to reach.

Five pages of monsters! Five pages of monsters!
Come on, think, think, think!
Figure 1. Procrastination.


From January (which I started to post soon after) I did the drawings in English. It was much later that I decided to provide Hungarian translations concerning a few friends who didn't understand the English.


From April the one drawing per day schedule became permanent, although I always posted them one month later since the digitalisation took some time. Summer holiday delayed it further since I used the school's scanner at the time. While waiting for September I posted some other works which you can also find in the archives.


I also started You As A Drawing Character which was a fun way to gain more followers and also to reward my wonderful supporters withouth whom (yep, that's you!) Entrusted Property wouldn't exist now. The deal is still on by the way, for details look at the menu!


In November 2012 I finished posting 365 Illustration Project. I made a montage of all the drawings (I mean literally like taping them together and everything). It was freakin' huuuuge! I needed to climb on a ladder to take a proper photo of it.


I didn't stop though, I started another project: Doctor Who 30 Days Drawing Challenge. I posted those on my tumblr, because be honest, none of my friends and other followers were into it, and where to go to find fellow whovians? Exactly, to tumblr!


I'm still doing it by the way. Don't say a word!

Later I started Fragments From My Sketchbook as a way to lazily practise. My motto is: ‘If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but by all means keep moving!’


Now I'm doing a project called N.A.P.I.R.A.I.Z. (and currently thinking of 3 more I should start after finishing Doctor Who 30 Days), but I'm starting to think that whatever I call it, it's still the same. Illustrating my days in 3,5×3,5".


That's it, I hope you enjoyed it. (If anyone at all managed to get this far in which case I congratulate You. Well done!) I'm back next week with brand new drawings. Stay tuned and have a nice weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment